This is my second month subscribed to Birchbox so I thought I would do an unboxing post for the May box!
1. The first item is from Cynthia Rowley Beauty and it is a silver eyeliner described as “A luxe, creamy liner from the NYC-based designer for smudge-proof, all-day wear.”
It is a very pretty and pigmented silver eyeliner that glided on smoothly when testing on my hand.
2. The second item is from Gilchrist and Soames and it is their Spa Therapy Body Lotion. Described as “Rich in marine extracts, this paraben-free moisturizer leaves skin smooth, soft, and calm.”
It has a nice fresh scent and after testing it on my hand, it absorbed into my skin well and was not sticky.
3. Item #3 is from Marcelle and is their BB Cream Golden Glow described as “A multitasker from the Chicago-founded brand rich in antioxidants and hydrating aloe.” It also says that it is suitable for all skin types.
When I opened the cap on this I was nervous about the color as it appeared quite dark, but after trying it out and blending the product out the color wasn’t an issue and it disappeared into my skin. When looking closely the product also contains some shimmer.
4. The 4th item is from Number 4 High Performance Hair Care and is their Volumizing Shampoo. As a bonus birch box also added in a sample of their volumizing condition (not a typo, it actually says it is called “volumizing condition” on the packaging). This item is described as a “sulfate-free, botanical-rich cleanser [that] creates bouncy, bodacious hair.”
I like to save shampoo and conditioner samples for when I travel, so I will probably wait until the next time I’m traveling to try these out. I’m always looking for volumizing hair products though, so I am excited to try them!
5. The “Lifestyle extra” in this month’s box is from SmartyPants and is their All-in-One Gummy Vitamins for Adults. Birchbox says “These delicious gummies provide essential nutrients without artificial flavors.” The normal daily dose is six tummies. This package contains two gummies.
I tried these already and they tasted good – a bit tart but also sweet. I always forget to take my vitamins so this could be a good alternative that I would actually look forward to every day. But at $29.95 for a month’s supply it is an expensive option compared to “regular” vitamins which I normally buy in bulk from Costco.
Overall, I’m pretty happy with this month’s Birchbox. I do wish the eyeliner had come in a more wearable color. There was also an eyeliner in my Birchbox last month and a cc cream, so I would prefer a bit more variety in the products provided from month to month.
Are you interested in signing up for Birchbox? You can sign up here!
Have you tried Birchbox before or another subscription beauty box? Let me know in the comments!