I’ve been getting more into skincare recently and have been wanting to start a good skincare routine. Here is what I am currently using as part of my nighttime skincare routine!
First a bit of a background on my skin type! I have acne prone skin, but my skin is somewhere between dry and dry combination.
Also, you can find all of the products mentioned below in my Luvocracy skincare collection!
1. If I wore makeup, first I remove my makeup for the day. I usually do this in a few steps. I start with a makeup wipe. I have been trying to Olay Fresh Effects Refreshing Make-Up Removal Cloths.
They’re pretty good, but I also like the Neutrogena Make-Up Remover Cleansing Towelettes, although I will buy whatever is on sale most of the time, or the store brand.
If I was wearing waterproof mascara (which I usually am) or a lot of eye makeup in general, I will also use these Almay Longwear & Waterproof Eye Makeup Remover Pads.
I like these because they are quick and easy to use, and I tend to spill liquid makeup remover when I try to use it.
2. Next I will cleanse my face. If I was wearing makeup I try to cleanse my face twice. First I use Clinique Take the Day Off Cleansing Balm to remove the rest of my makeup.
If I wasn’t wearing makeup, or as a second cleanser if I was wearing makeup, I use Murad Clarifying Cleanser .
I like this product a lot. It has Salicylic Acid 1.5% in it, which helps with my acne. I prefer using salicylic acid over benzoyl peroxide because benzoyl peroxide tens to bleach all of my towels and pillowcases.
3. After cleansing, I use an exfoliating toner. First I use the Cane and Austin Acne Treatment Pads.
These have 2% Salicylic Acid and 5% Glycolic Acid. I like to buy these from Skinstore.com because they usually give a high cash back with ebates and you can usually find a good coupon for them too! I also cut these pads in half before using them, they have enough product in them to use half of one at a time and this way they take twice as long to use up!
Next I like to use a moisturizing spray toner. Lately I have been using Aveda’s Botanical Kinetics Skin Firming/Toning Agent.
I like this, but I think when I finish the bottle I will refill the spray bottle with the Boots Expert Sensitive Gentle Refreshing Toner since I also like this product and it’s about 1/4 of the price.
4. After toner, if I am having some breakouts I will use Grease Lightning Tea Tree Cleanser from Lush on any blemishes.
5. Next I use an eye cream. I just started using the Kiehl’s Creamy Eye Treatment with Avocado. I’m really liking it so far!
6. Almost done! Next I have started using a serum. I have been using the Estee Lauder Advanced Night Repair Synchronized Recovery Complex II.
It is quite expensive, but I use very little every night so it has been lasting a long time. I like it so far!
7. Finally, the last step! Moisturizer! Recently I have been using the Kate Somerville Goat Milk Cream and I’ve really been loving it!
It’s moisturizing without being greasy. I also love the packaging. You just take the top off and press down and it dispenses the perfect amount of product!
So that is my current night time skincare routine! Since a lot of these products can get quite expensive, I bought them over time until I had all of the pieces I wanted.
What does your skincare routine consist of? Do you use the same products every day? Let me know your favorite products in the comments! I’m always looking for new things to try out!